What are attorney leads?
Over the years, attorneys have used media such as telephone directories, newspaper ads, radio and television ads to obtain clients. However, thanks to the advent and rapid advancement of new technologies, lawyers now have access to a much more efficient method of getting more interested clients to contact them, the Internet. The goal of attorney leads is to connect clients interested in legal services in a specific practice area with attorneys ready to help them, preferably located near where they live.
How can you do it?
There are several ways to obtain legal leads through the Internet. Some are more complex than others, here are the main ones:
1. Website: Having an eye-catching, interesting and optimized website is one of the most important things when it comes to acquiring clients. It will be a business card that should leave an excellent first impression.
2. SEO: Having a website is not enough, you must also generate traffic to it. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the most effective ways to achieve this. It consists of using various methods, such as the inclusion of keywords in the content of the website, to improve the ranking of the site in search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
3. Reviews: People are attracted to what others say works. It is important that you display your service reviews on your website so that others can corroborate the quality of your work.
4. Pay Per Click ads: Some of the most used websites in the world, give you the opportunity to do a Pay Per Click marketing campaign. This consists in that when someone shows interest in your services, they will be shown your ad. You will have to pay for each person who clicks on the ad. This option is available on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Bing, etc.
5. Content Marketing: Your website should be full of content related to your area of practice. Many people want to learn about the law, and offering content that answers potential clients’ questions can be an excellent way to generate quality leads.
6. Remarketing: Most people who visit your website for the first time will probably not decide to contact you right away. Remarketing will allow you to stay in their minds. Once you prepare the campaign, people who visit your website will receive a cookie in their browser, which will display ads about your website while they are browsing normally. It is a powerful tool with great potential for ROI.
Only a proper implementation of all these elements will allow you to take full advantage of the Internet for the generation of attorney leads. However, you may think it’s too much work, that’s because it is. Not only that, but it takes the knowledge of different professionals to make it possible. First, you should get a developer to take care of your website design. Then, you would have to hire a SEO expert to optimize your content. In addition, you would have to invest many hours of your time in writing content for your website, it is not enough to have only a couple of articles, for a content marketing campaign to be successful you will have to develop dozens of them that answer the main questions of your visitors. You may think: “I understand the complexity of the issue, but do I have any alternative?” Luckily, the answer is yes.
Legal Marketing Services
Most lawyers don’t have the knowledge, time or budget to handle all of this on their own. That’s why they choose to use legal lead generation sites, such as Legalfacts.org. They take care of all the aspects mentioned above to provide quality attorney leads. In a short period of time, lawyers notice a considerable increase in their clientele. In the meantime, they only have to worry about doing their job as well as they can.
Things You Need to Know About Legal Lead Generation for law firms
1. Most of them suck: The rules of legal marketing are specific, and are different from all other types of marketing. Some “experts” in marketing try to apply traditional methods in the legal field, without knowing that they are breaking the rules. You must choose very well the site you will use to generate legal leads!
2. You can’t pay to be recommended: The rules state that lawyers cannot pay to be recommended in any way. Before subscribing to an attorney lead generation service, ask yourself: am I being recommended in any way? If the answer is yes, you may need to look at other options.
3. Online directories are allowed: Some sites will allow you to pay to appear at the top of the directories. This is not considered a recommendation, it is allowed.
4. Legal matches are permitted: How does this work? Simple, the client fills out a form on a website, where he specifies what he needs. The attorney then has access to the information and can contact the client on his own.
5. Look for the ones that offer exclusive leads: Some legal lead generation sites send the same leads to different lawyers, which can be terribly problematic. Make sure the website you choose ensures that the legal leads you receive are exclusive.