Most strategies to earn blogging money in 2019 have actually been prevalent since the dawn of blogging business; however, due to the changing trends, there are some changes in the way those strategies work. Some strategies can be more advantageous than the others today. Here we will explore all popular blog monetization strategies that you can use today together with their advantages and disadvantages.
The pay-per-click campaign is the most preferred way to earn blogging money. When it comes to pay-per-click, Google AdSense is considered the biggest player. The basic rule of this strategy is that your advertisers with Google’s help put ads on your blog and you will get paid for every click on the ads. The change in Google’s algorithm allows bloggers to earn income not only from clicks but also from impressions, making AdSense still a viable channel to earn income today.
- Google’s search algorithms make the ads that show up on your blog very relevant to your visitors’ online behavior, increasing the ads’ click rate.
- Obtaining approval is not as painful as most people say, as long as you can ensure your blog’s quality. In fact, you can actually use Google’s approval to determine the quality of your blog and whether it is ready to face the competition.
- You can’t go wrong working with Google, a company with a firmly established reputation.
- Obtaining approval is not painful, but it is still considered not easy, especially for starters with a poorly maintained blog.
- Slight and unintentional mistakes may cause your being banned.
- The ads’ script perceivably slows down your blog’s loading time.
Affiliate marketing is another popular strategy to earn blogging money online. Many people actually prefer affiliate marketing to pay-per-click strategy because it offers clearer and more measurable income. In an affiliate marketing scenario, you show on your blog an ad about a certain product sold on a particular marketplace. When a customer clicks the ad and makes a purchase, you get a commission. Amazon Associate is currently the most popular affiliate marketing platform for global publishers, although most online marketplaces today also offer their own affiliate marketing platforms. Affiliate marketing is one branch of cost-per-action strategy, so if you enjoy using this scenario, you can also use other CPA procedures, such as getting paid for a subscription, creating an account, etc.
- The commission-based income is considered more traditional and therefore more understandable, especially for new bloggers.
- The commission that you earn from one successful purchase is much bigger than the payment you get from a single click in a pay-per-click scenario.
- You still get paid even if the purchase doesn’t occur right after your ad is clicked. Cookies will record everything so that you can always claim your right.
- This strategy is considered less deceiving for visitors. They click the ad because they sincerely want to buy something.
- You sell the product, but you don’t have to worry about all of sales complexities, such as shipping and warranty.
- The registration approval rate is significantly higher than that of a pay-per-click platform.
- You will not get paid if the ad is clicked but no purchase is made.
- You will not get paid as well if visitors read your blog article for product information but they then buy the product directly by visiting the marketplace’s website without clicking your ad.
- Product features change over time. Old products disappear and new products are introduced. You have to be ready to regularly update your blog posts.
A more traditional approach to earn blogging money is selling something. There are many things to sell. If you can only write, you can actually sell a blog post to an advertiser. If your blog has steady traffic, you can offer an advertiser a blog post explaining or even promoting their products. If they agree, you will be paid for writing the ordered blog post. You can also sell your blog if you are tired or bored of maintaining it. This kind of deal is often called flipping. You can flip your website or blog on Flippa or Empire Flipper and earn revenue as much as 20 times your website’s monthly income. Of course, the right way for a blogger to sell something is not by selling their precious assets, but by selling certain products or services that they can offer, such as SEO service and eBooks.
- There is no middleman.
- It is perhaps the most scalable business you can do with your blog.
- If you sell a high-quality blog, you can retire with huge retirement money.
- If you sell your blog and other precious blogging assets, you sacrifice everything and every memorable moment you spend to build and collect them.
You have to deal with all sales complexities, including shipping and warranty